Tuesday, November 2, 2010

More village surveys

This time I was lucky to be accompanied by my friend who served as driver and interpreter for a day of surveys.  We spent the day talking to six families in a nearby village - six surveys, one day...this rate I will have to improve if I'm ever to finish. While no completely new information came from this round of surveys, it is always interesting to learn what people have to say. 


Sand to put out fires at the petrol pump

I was so tickled by this statue that I forgot to ask who this fellow is.
Note the spiffy new helmet for my motorbike excursions.


This lovely family gave my friend and I a gift 
(see below) after we spent the afternoon in 
their house conducting surveys with half the village.

It is illegal for farmers to burn their fields after rice harvest but some do it anyway


No comments:

Post a Comment