Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Research in Jaipur





At this agriculture research station, they're trying to get
farmers to use greenhouses to grow flowers for export.

My interpreter on the left and his cousin on the right.

Interpreter's cousin invited me for dinner

Rajasthani dinner. On the left are baati; essentially wheat flour, ghee and
salt formed into a ball and then baked. It's wonderfully doughy on the inside.

I bought some sweets at this sweet shop and soon had a huge crowd
of employees surrounding me handing me samples


One of the women we surveyed

My second interpreter


A rarity in India

Hailing a bus because there is no real bus stand; you
just have to know where to go to catch the bus.




The man running the canteen brought
me flowers for my birthday!
Birthday cake

No comments:

Post a Comment